Video Courtesy of YouTube
According to ayurvedic concepts and their unique assessments diabetes is the disease which occurs when there is an accumulation of toxins in the tissue that result in circulation blockage. According to ayurveda there are different causes of diabetes like poor nutrition, poor digestion, inequity of nervous system, physical and mental stress, and disturbance in natural biological cycle.
Varieties of natural remedies have been suggested by an ayurvedic practitioner. The most effective ayurvedic treatments for diabetes are exercise and yoga. For curing diabetes ayurveda prescribes some herbs like amalaki, neem, turmeric,shilajit etc. As these herbs restore balance of those which causes imbalance in our body, they are considered to be the nutritional supplements.
There are some important ayurvedic herbal remedies for diabetes –
1. Make a habit to take a bitter gourd or bitter lemon juice daily, in empty stomach.
2. Prepare a mixture of turmeric, bay leaf and aloe vera gel. Intake of this mixture at least twice a day that is before lunch and dinner is fruitful for diabetic patients.
3. Prepare a powder from the ingredients fenugreek, white pepper and turmeric. Take this powder in addition to a glass of milk, two times a day.
4. You can also take haldi powder, amlaki powder with honey, two times a day.
5. If rose apple stones powder is taken two times a day then it is also very effective for diabetic patients.
6. Intake of 2 turmeric capsules daily thrice a day must be taken to reduce the affect of diabetes.
7. Make a mixture by taking small amounts of musta, fenugreek, triphala, arjuna, ajwan, haritaki by mixing it with ghee. If this mixture is taken regularly then it will definitely give some positive result.
Like these there are various types of ayurvedic herbal remedies for diabetic patients. These remedies are easy and affordable. Apart from these remedies there is another ayurvedic remedy that is the preparation of vasant kusumakar ras. It is quite costly but regular intake of this remedy with cream or honey will check your level of blood sugar.
There are some diet restrictions for diabetic people in order to reduce the blood sugar level.
1. Intake of excess sweet, carbohydrate and dairy product must be avoided.
2. Increase the intake of fresh vegetables, bitter fruits and herbs.
3. Increase the intake of lemons and oranges.
4. Increase the intake of green vegetables, black gram, soy, fish etc.
5. You must also include cornflower, fried barley, porridge and ghee in your diet.